Opening a bank account is a process that requires several steps. In this case, we will look at the steps to open an account at Hellenic Bank, Bank of Cyprus, and Eurobank.
Hellenic Bank tel. 800 09 999
To open an account at Hellenic Bank, you need to book an appointment in advance on the website https://www.hellenicbank.com/portalserver/hb-en-portal/en/personal-banking/ways-to-bank/i-need-a/book-a-meeting/physical-meeting/limassol.
Next follow the steps:
- Click “Branch meeting”
- Choose a suitable city, for example “Limassol”
- The purpose of the meeting “Open an account”
- Next, choose a convenient time and branch of the bank
To open an account, you will need the following documents:
- Criminal record certificate with translation (if applicable)
- Government fee payment receipt and ID (residence permit, if already available)
- Proof of address (rental contract and utility bill)
- Employment contract
- Tax ID certificate (only your tax number is required)
- Know the name of your university and the name of your major in English. We recommend bringing your diploma with you.
Download the Hellenic Bank application in advance so that you can set up your personal account immediately at the bank branch.
Bank of Cyprus tel. 800 00 800
To open an account at Bank of Cyprus, you need to:
1. Download the BOC Mobile app
2. Select the “Register” button
3.Authenticate yourself by scanning the requested documents
List of documents:
• ID card or foreign passport
• Employment contract
• Information about financial and tax residency
• Proof of your residential address (lease agreement, water/electricity/internet bill)
4.Take a selfie to verify your identity
5. If all documents are uploaded correctly, the plastic card will be sent to your mailbox at the address you provided.
Eurobank tel. 800 88 822
To open an account at Eurobank, you need to:
- Go to the website at www.eurobank.com.cy
- Then click on the “Interested in” button
- Select the product and click “Apply for…”
- Follow the instructions
- After successfully completing all the steps, you will receive a plastic card by mail.
Contact our specialists for more information +357 25 102 227